Here are 3 ways to ensure you will NOT get a restful night sleep due to menopausal insomnia:
- You were terse, cross, short or even a bit bitchy with a loved one.
Fill in child, spouse, sibling, grandchild, relative, friend or parent. You thought you resolved the issue. When you wake up at 2 AM and cannot fall back to sleep because of routine menopausal insomnia, you rehash the entire event. Again. And Again.
2. You forgot to call some one or do something that you were supposed to do be it at work or at home.
You wake up at 3 AM realizing you forgot to do that thing, what ever it is. Of course you cannot fall back to sleep because menopausal insomnia has joined you in bed. You wonder why the hell did you remember it at 3 AM? You rationalize that at least it wasn’t your child, spouse, grand child, parent or love one you forgot to pick up standing out in the cold, but …
- You fell asleep watching TV from 7:30-11:30 PM.
You put yourself to bed and now at 4 AM you are wide awake. Menopausal insomnia or is it enough sleep? You try to decide whether to get up or not. You are trying to do the math on how many hours you slept all together and this is really waking you up!
Do you find comfort in knowing you are not alone? Talk to your friends about this and you could be talking about it for a few hours.
What can Menopausal Insomniacs do?
- Take drugs, Prescription or Over the Counter
- Find alternative, creative ways to turn your brain off
- Try anything that a friend says works
Are you a menopausal insomniac stuck in the rut?
What have you discovered that helps, I mean really helps?
Who remembers sleeping through an entire night?