If you don’t watch Game of Thrones you still may have heard of Khalessi. She is a queen and she is the ‘mother’ of the dragons. She has long blonde hair and wears long skirts/dresses with revealing necklines. She always looks lovely.
As viewers we watched the baby dragons grow up. She can control some and not others. Some of her dragons have minds of their own. In the scheme of Game of Thrones, Khalessi is one of the sweetest characters, nurturing and even liked.
It is her nurturing that I think makes her a role model.
She brought up those dragons to be independent and go into life as adult dragons. If one or two start eating and killing some people what can she really do? She gave her best!
Before we all run out and get our own dragons and emulate Khaleesi, there are things to consider:
- Two Dragons are fine, Three, OK, but more than Three and you have become a dragon lady.
- Thinking of using one of your dragons for your commute? Check with your local jurisdictions.
- Caves to house the dragons are carved out hillsides, not easy to find.
- A cranky dragon could be dangerous to your health or others, regardless of all the nurturing given.
- Good luck finding dragon sitters so you can go on a vacation.
Khalessi is an interesting character but I could never be like her for the following reasons:
- I could never pull off that distant queenly look.
- Wild animals scare me.
- I have to think that the dragons smell worse than wet dog, my limit of bad odors in my care.
- The liability insurance would be excessively expensive.
- I don’t like caves.
So is Khalessi your role model, your wannabe, or your next Halloween costume inspiration?