Seesmic Logo Newsletter October 1, 2010
Dear TeamSeesmic Friends,
We’re happy to share with you the latest update for our latest products:
An update fix for Seesmic Desktop 2 and our latest release of Seesmic for
iPhone for iOS4.
Latest Release for Seesmic for iPhone
For the latest update of our popular Seesmic for iPhone application. Here
are a few highlights:
* Retina Display Compatible for iOS 4
* Creating and adding users to Twitter lists
* In-Reply-To-Conversation and Direct Messages in Threads
* Checking your private Facebook Messages
* Pull-down to Refresh
* Instapaper & Read it Later integration in the app
Retina Display Compatible for iOS 4
Seesmic for iPhone now takes advantage of the Retina Displayfor newer
iPhone and iPod Touch devices for a visually improved interface. We also
take advantage of Multi-Tasking with Fast App Switching.
Pull-down to refresh and infinite scrolling in timelines
A simple pull-down of the timeline, will load new content. We’ve also
added infinite scrolling to load additional updates seamlessly when you
arrive at the bottom of a timeline.
Creating and adding your friends in your Twitter Lists
We now provide users with the ability to manage and create Twitter Lists.
Just visit your profile, choose Lists and hit the plus sign to create a
new list. You then can add your friends to your Twitter lists directly
from the app by visiting the user’s profile, and press the “Add to List”
button to add your Twitter friend to the designated list.
Replies and Direct Messages in Conversation Threads
If you spend a lot of time with Replies and Direct Messages, we’ve
organized it to provide you the ability to view your replies and private
direct message in a threaded conversation view.
Facebook updates: View private messages, Pages, Friends List and Profile
We’ve also made some updates to manage your Facebook social stream. The
Newsfeed has been updated for easier viewing, and you’ll be able to now
read your private messages inbox. You can now also take advantage of being
able to view the list of your friends, as well as see their profile.
Instapaper and Read Later
We’ve also added support for Instapaper and Read it Later to Seesmic for
iPhone. You can now save articles to “Read it Later” and Instapaper.
Simply go to Settings > External Services, add your credentials for the
services you want to use.
As Seesmic for iPhone continues to be a free app, we’re also experimenting
with our monetization efforts with the use of iAd only in the US Market
and will appear intermittently. We’re looking forward to getting your
feedback on this implementation.
Here is the full changelog:
* General Seesmic for iPhone updates
* Retina display compatible
* Compatible with iOS 4 and support of “Fast app switching”
* Pull-down to refresh and infinite scrolling in timelines
* Ability to send URLs you visit to Instapaper and Read It Later
* Many bug fixes and performance improvements
* New features specific to the Twitter space:
* Direct Messages are now organized by threads, and creating a new
Direct Message is now much simpler with user selection
* You can now create new Lists, and add people to Lists
* Verified Accounts now have a “Verified” icon on their Profile
* You can filter the Retweets timeline by type of Retweet
* Tapping the “in reply to…” in a Tweet now display the full
public conversation, not just the last reply
* New features specific to the Facebook space:
* The Newsfeed is now displayed much better, and will be much
faster to browse
* You can now read (only) your private messages inbox
* Your list of Friends, Pages is now displayed and you can also see
the profile of your friends
We hope you like the update so far and we’re more than happy to hear all
your ideas on how you use the app. Drop a line on
http://ping.fm/5ISB4 and let us know your
thoughts.Don’t forget to become a fan at http://ping.fm/cYs7n
And follow us at http://ping.fm/uXvhs
Updates to Seesmic Desktop 2
We also provided an update for Seesmic Desktop 2! Version 188.8.131.520
mostly has fixes and improvements for the Twitter and LinkedIn plugins but
you can review our complete changelog here to find out what else we have
tweaked. Here are some of the main fixes/updates:
* LinkedIn timelines – The issue blank timelines for the LinkedIn
accounts has been addressed and should now be resolved.
* Twitter fixes – Fixed issues regarding Search and sending DMs. Also,
when you block a user, their messages are now removed in Seesmic
Desktop 2. You can also un-favor a tweet successfully. And usernames
for auto-complete have been updated and are now sorted alphabetically
* Google Buzz update – Items are now added correctly to aggregated
* Sound notifications – Desktop notifications now should play a sound to
alert users of incoming messages. Can also disable this is settings.
* Horizontal Scroll Bar – Issues with the horizontal scroll bar for the
columns area should be resolved and working smoothly.
* Many more bug fixes and improvements!
So the next time you launch Seesmic Desktop 2 you should receive a prompt
from us, letting you know that an updated version is available. Once
Seesmic Desktop 2 has updated successfully you are good to go!
Feel free to explore our ever expanding Marketplace to check out what’s
new and take advantage of downloading any of the plugins you want to try
out to complete you Seesmic Desktop 2 experience!
Any questions or feedback for us? Tweet at us @askseesmic or feel free to
submit a help ticket on our help site.
You can also communicate with us through our various channels:
Seesmic, 1550 Bryant, Suite 890, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA – To
unsubscribe, click or copy and paste the following link: