I find myself suffering from British Murder Mystery Syndrome. Here are 5 signs:
- You meet someone at a party and think his furtive look means he is furtive.
He really just could be an awkward person, or nervous, or self-conscious but with BMMS; you give him a wide berth. When did you start using the word ‘Furtive’?
- A woman bumps into you or you her, shopping or on the street and you are positive she is shielding her identity from you.
Could it just be someone is texting, not paying attention or dashing between umbrellas? With BMMS you don’t just wonder, you are positive concealing her identity is certain!
- An acquaintance changes his or her appearance and you deduce they are hiding their true identity.
Maybe the person grew a beard, changed their hair color or cut or shaved their head because they just felt like it. Not so quick to dismiss say those suffering with BMMS! You also use the word deduce.
- Something is off-taste? Of course it is arsenic, that old standby poisonous classic.
Reality is it could just be off or not to your liking not deadly, but…..
- Are you being followed? Absolutely you are if you suffer from BMMS.
Of course it could be someone on the same walk or shopping the same aisles and why would someone be following you anyways? It is the paranoid BMMS brain!
It’s been a long winter and I have watched or read lots of British Murder Mysteries. I really have enjoyed them all but their essence has seeped into my reality. The weather has been damp and cloudy and gloomy, just like in many of the mysteries.
I am hoping the warmer sunny weather will release me from the grips of BMMS.
Are you a sufferer? Do I need to step away from the shows, the books?