- When I want to delete a document I am asked if I am sure
- If I want to delete an email I know I can retrieve it if needed in the deleted email file
- Miss-spell a word on my computer or on my phone and it is autocorrected
- All my phone numbers of all my contacts are on my phone
- My calendar is on my phone with alerts
- Doctors, dentists, technicians all call ahead of time to confirm an appointment
- All I have to do is talk to the TV remote to find a program
- I can see my friends and family with Skype or Facetime
- Invitations, thank-you notes and announcement made on social media
- Political discussions held on line
In the real world you can’t take back something you regret saying.
If I get rid of something important in the real world I cannot retrieve it.
I used to use my brain and remember how to spell, people’s phone numbers and was solely responsible for my appointments.
Never miss an appointment because it is confirmed. This one I do appreciate. Now if I do miss an appointment it is indeed because I am being irresponsible. I had reminders!
Can you imagine physically getting off your butt to change a station or search in a paper for a TV show listing? Does the TV work when the remote is missing?
Thinking a visit IRL is unnecessary because I can see family and friends from my home is not as good as physically hugging a loved one.
I can check social media to know what is happening with my friends and family but that rings hollow to me. I know I am old fashioned but I like an invitation in physical form and a hand written thank-you note!
Political agreements or disagreements can be more vicious on line than IRL.
I feel a revolt against the technology that is spoiling me to be irresponsible and stupid! How about you?