I love summer. I look forward to it all soggy winter. But when summer arrives I forget how loud it is. Here are the 5 big noise problems in my life:
- The birds are really loud in the morning. I wear earplugs.
- Everyone including my husband is power washing his or her decks, deck furniture, driveway, walkway etc. A power washer is loud.
- Seems like lawn mowers are going nonstop in the neighborhood. Bring out the push mowers!
- Shrub trimming and tree limbing is also a loud procedure.
- People still rototill their gardens with a noisy rototiller.
I have to go back to the birds. Honestly how do people sleep with out earplugs past 5 AM? I want to open a window but the bird noise! I know traffic noise is worse and I know this is not a real problem to most people. I have blueberry bushes, over a dozen and before I net them from the birds it is their paradise.
My next-door neighbors have lovely water features and ponds. You guessed it, ducks and the occasional blue heron visit. When the big birds come there is a ruckus loud enough to wake the dead and that is before my neighbors come out screaming trying to chase them away.
Did I mention the frogs in her pond? Their mating songs I do not find romantic but another noisy summer irritant.
Many of these early summer human and nature sounds will ease up. When the temperatures stay at 80 degrees and the sun shines daily everyone will be enjoying their summer. I know the sounds will soon include kids playing in the street and music and laughing coming from various yards. These are the sounds of summer I enjoy. I just have to get through the prep time!
Are you bombarded with the pre-summer noise?