I am officially old. I admit it. I watch golf on TV. I totally understand why my father loved to watch televised golf. In my youth I thought it the most boring thing to watch on TV. Oh the youth!
There must be something in the golf world because there are golf channels. All day golf, 24-hour golf marathons. I don’t have it but I know it is available.
Here are the 5 reasons to watch golf on TV:
- It is the perfect show to nod off, take a quick nap
- The action is slow so if you did nod off, it doesn’t really matter
- The announcers actually talk in hushed tone, perfect for napping
- There are golf fanatics everywhere and after watching/napping through a few rounds you may be able to make a slightly golf intelligent comment
- Golf is pretty to watch, almost pastoral and soothing, great for lulling you asleep
Both my parents were big golfers. My Mother was a talented golfer. I truly have been around golf my entire life. I caddied for both parents and played a little but never had the talent or enthusiasm of either parent.
It is in my dotage that I am embracing golf but just on TV. If I have been working in my home office or in the garden and find I need a break to unwind and a catnap, I will turn on golf. It is summer and a breeze coming in from an open window and a golf match on TV and I can catch a few winks. It is very relaxing these golf catnaps!
Sure I could meditate, stretch or formally take a nap. I prefer these golf catnaps. I am admitting here I am bonifdely old and watching golf on TV for 10-20 minutes with my cats.
Speaking of cats, my 2 seem to enjoy my new relaxation with golf. A lap is available to cuddle! Why didn’t my Dad tell me the relaxation a good round of watching golf could provide? Maybe he did and I was too young to hear.
Have you discovered the secret relaxing meditative qualities of watching golf on television? Are you too young? Trust me it is the perfect medium for a quick summer catnap!