I have a couple of friends who also are retiring at the end of this year too so there has been lots of discussion.
Retirement is a big deal, full of decisions:
- Will you have enough money without a paycheck coming in?
- How will you fill your time?
- Do you think your happiness in life will improve?
- Will your social circle expand or deflate?
- Retirement, will it be all it is cracked up to be?
Lots of choices and decisions!
Here are some projects friends who are retired or planning to be retired have set:
- Take Classes
- Clean/Organize their Home/ Garage/Garden
- Organize their Recipes
- Spend more time with Grandchildren/Parents/Family
I am looking forward to not be the driving force of my company. To be able to sit on the sidelines and not be ”ON” all the time! I want to be lazy!!
I already have in place a very part time gig for 2020. I will be a ballot inspector for the 2020 election. That means I work a week in May for the primaries and a week in November for the election. Cool, I can handle 2 weeks of work!
I also have my craft shows where I get my creative fix and my sales fix. I have one in June and then a few over November and December. In between I will be shopping and sewing without other pressures! Heaven!!!
Have you considered retirement? What are your plans?